Saturday, July 25, 2009

I Miss My Friends- Jana and Bridger Anderson (reposted)

My two friends died on July 24th, 3 years ago. I'm still pretty sad about it. Yesterday, I read a blog post that I wrote on my first blog. I'm pretty sure nobody read it. I'm reposting it here, because every word of it is still true.

**********************
I’m pretty sure that only my husband Zachie will be reading this post, but I need to write it anyway and send it out to the world. I miss my friends. They died with their daughter last July and I still feel a hole in my life. Jana was one of my favorite people. She and I were like magnets attracting to each other at every get together. I always wanted to be around her. She was spunky and smart and loud and mean–and I loved every bit of it. That’s because when you were alone with her she was genuine, caring, sensitive, and just plain beautiful. Bridger has been one of my greatest friends over the past 18 years. When I say greatest friends, I mean that he was great at being my friend, because even though he was a guy’s guy, he had a real caring heart for me. I’ll never forget a time when I was struggling with something very secret and it was like he read my mind, knew everything about me deep down and just hugged me for several minutes. He didn’t have to say a word and I didn’t have to explain. That really sums up our relationship.

Though they weren't perfect individuals, Jana and Bridger were the perfect couple. They were two of the most influential people in my life and they left my life way too early. I miss them.

**********************

9 comments:

Devin & Shalise said...

Hey Kamille,
Thanks for the post. I enjoyed reading it. I find myself thinking of Bridger, Jana and Kenadee often as well. Especially, around this time of year. They were very influential and fun to be around. Way too many great memories to get started. Anyways, I thought I would say hi and tell you that Shalise and I are having a girl the first of January. Surprise! Take care.

Devin

Jord&Kira Lynch said...

I am so glad you said that. I miss them too so much I am glad we get together for the 24th!

Cami said...

I am glad you reposted that. You are such a great writer and you summed up well what amazing people jana and bridger are. I miss them too!!

Cami said...

I am glad you reposted that. You are such a great writer and you summed up well what amazing people jana and bridger are. I miss them too!!

Skipper said...

I know I wasn't close friends with you guys, but I think about those two every year on the 24th. Though I didn't really fit in with the popular crowd Jana and Bridger were always very kind to me.

Jessica G. said...

I didn't know your friends but knowing you, they had to be some pretty amazing people. I am really sorry for your loss.

Shay said...

read this original post but am happy you reminded me with a repost. I don't think our hearts will ever be unbroken...atleast til we see them again...

Jessica said...

I lost a friend about a year and a half ago and it still hurts. Thanks for sharing. I think the best way to remember others is to share our memories of them.

Scare Hair said...

Kamille,

Bridger was my companion in Brazil and I love the man dearly. I felt like I knew JanaLee from how much he talked about her. I know how great they were together.
I’ve been looking for some way to get a hold of his family and tell them about how much I miss him and what he did for me. We’re thinking of naming our next son Bridger and I want them to know he has a namesake.
Do you know of his folks address so I could write to them?

Many thanks,

Jake