Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Violet's 4th Birthday!

Violet is so good natured and sweet. I love her little voice and the way she sings and dances. She gives me loves and hugs and kisses freely. She is my best friend. She's also bossy and opinionated and stubborn. In some ways, I feel like Violet should be older because it feels like she's been telling me what to do for longer than 4 years. When I had Violet, my life changed forever and I'm so grateful for that. I love her more than words can even say.

Violet is very into the Cat in the Hat right now and I thankfully talked her out of having another Mickey party, which is originally what she wanted. This is the invite:



We decided to have her party at a play center this year and it was a success! It was so much easier to do, plus free clean-up! This chair helped her feel even more special:


The cake:

I don't know why I have such an obsession with dressing up my kids . . . but I couldn't resist them being Thing 1 and Thing 2. They were darling. I even had extra hats for everyone at the party. This is the best shot we could get of our little things together.

Thing 2 loved Violet's party almost as much as Violet. He ran around until he couldn't move anymore. His energy astounds me.


Violet could not have had more fun and it seems everyone agreed. Thanks to all of our friends for coming and helping us celebrate Violet.










1 comment:

michelle said...

so sweet! Where did you get the hats? I'd love to use them for my thing 1/thing 2 party